Merino Wool & Snow Sports
Are you hitting the slopes this year? Whether you're skiing or snowboarding we've got the ultimate skiing base layers, mid layers, socks and accessories for you!
To get the most out of your time on the slopes you need clothing that will keep you warm and comfortable for the whole day. Synthetics and artificial fibres are lightweight but are often poorly insulating leading to odour and discomfort. Merino Wool on the other hand will keep you warm, dry and comfortable all day.
There is nothing worse than having cold feet, cold hands, a cold face or head on the mountains when all you want to do is enjoy your skiing or snowboarding, especially if you have children with you too.
Here at Nature Shop we know how uncomfortable it can be out in the snow feeling cold, damp and miserable and that is why we believe so strongly in the merino wool brands and products that we sell. Wearing a merino wool base layer, mid layer, balaclava, beanie, gloves, socks will eliminate the cold, they are breathable, so you wont overheat and you will always feel dry and warm.
Merino sheep live in extreme conditions on the New Zealand's Southern Alps and their fleecy coats are built for the extreme cold and heat of the seasons! In the Winter their coats keep them warm and insulated in temperatures of down to -20°C and in the Summer their coats are breathable to keep them cool in temperatures of up to 35°C and that's exactly how Merino Wool products perform for us when we're wearing them.
BENEFITS OF MERINO WOOL CLOTHING:
- Soft: Unlike traditional wools Merino doesn't irritate the skin and therefore doesn't have that itchy feeling. It's soft, lightweight, warm and super comfortable.
- Insulates: Merino wool acts like a natural air conditioning system to keep you warm when it’s cool and cool when it’s hot so you'll always be kept at the perfect temperature. The clothing also comes in a range of different weights to suit every climate: The higher the number the warmer they are.
- Layer system: Merino has a high warmth-to-weight ratio, so you stay warm without the need for bulky layers. Merino is warm even when it’s wet, so you’ll be comfortable,whatever the conditions.
- Breathes: Merino wool actively wicks moisture away from the body, so you will always feel dry. As a result, you won’t get cold and clammy when you stop moving
- Anti Odour: The complex structure of merino wool locks the molecules that cause odour within the fibre and only releases them on washing. As a result, merino garments stay fresh and stink-free, meaning you can wear the same items for longer...which is great for small baggage allowances!
- Long lasting: Merino Wool garments will last you season after season so in the long run will work out more cost effective than purchasing lower quality base layers over and over again.
- Natural and renewable: A fantastic, sustainable fibre that renews itself naturally every year. The Merino sheep is shorn in summer every year to ensure the animal's comfort, good health, hygiene and mobility.
Nature Shop have tried and tested our Merino Wool base layers, mid layers, socks and accessories for a huge variety of outdoor activities, including skiing, snowboarding, sledding and ice skating and know through experience that they function exactly how you need them to to keep the whole family warm and comfortable.
We've added a selection of our favourite Snow Sports products below or check out our entire SNOW SPORTS COLLECTION
TOP MEN'S SKI PRODUCTS BY ICEBREAKER:
TOP WOMEN'S SKI PRODUCTS BY ICEBREAKER:
TOP KID'S SKI PRODUCTS BY ICEBREAKER:
TOP MEN'S SKI PRODUCTS BY MONS ROYALE: