Merino Wool is perfect for the Snow!
Posted: Jan 08 2016
HITTING THE SLOPES THIS YEAR?
There's nothing like hitting the slopes on a beautiful clear day, bright blue skies with the sun shining and a fresh new dumping of powdery snow!
Snow Sports are great fun! Skiing, Snowboarding, Sledding, Cross Country Skiing, Ice Skating, Tobogganing or just plain playing in the snow and building snow men......the list goes on!
Being outdoors and active in the snow, on the mountain is the best fun and revitalising for the soul!
But you need to be prepared and you need the right gear to be comfortable all day, so you can maximise your time on the snow and get the most out of your time on the mountains.
That is where Icebreaker Merino Wool baselayers, leggings, mid layers, sweaters, socks, chutes, hats, beanies, gloves and balaclavas come in to their own.
Merino Wool is the perfect fibre for clothing on the snow, its warm, bulk free, odour free, breathable and you can layer it up without the bulk, so you can prepare for the whole day without worrying about over heating or being too cold.
Why Merino you ask? Cotton is great, but not quite warm enough for the snow. Synthetics do an ok job, but they dont breathe well and can get sweaty and clingy.
Merino Wool enables you to stay perfectly warm, super comfortable without the bulk and it breathes.....and wont stink!
Nature Shop have tried and tested Icebreaker Merino Wool baselayers for a huge variety of outdoor activities, including skiing, snowboarding, sledding and playing in the snow with our kids and know through experience that they function exactly how you need them to and most importantly they keep the whole family warm and comfortable.
Keep reading for the Benefits of Merino Wool or check out our SNOW SPORTS COLLECTION to see the fantastic selection of clothing we have perfect for your trip to the slopes.
If you need more info on how to gear yourself and your family up correctly for a trip to the mountains, then dont hesitate to give us a call, we are always here to help.
Benefits of Merino Clothing:
- Fantastically warm to the degree you need. Our Merino baselayers are various weights to suit every climate.....the higher the number the warmer they are. Read here for more info on layering and the specific Merino Wool weight system.
- The natural properties of Merino Wool enables breathability and regulates your temperature, so you stay warm in the cold and cool in the warm.
- Layer them up, especially in an always changing climate. Being bulkfree and breathable, you can layer and then strip them off as the day warms up.
- No over heating or clamminess, Merino Wool allows moisture to evaporate via the fibre and fabric, so you stay dry and comfortable.
- Baselayers and leggings are a snug fit, so no bulkiness under other clothing.
- Resistant to static electricity, so they're not clingy like synthetics, just snug and comfy.
- Soft, lightweight and super comfortable.
- Naturally odour resistant, so can be worn for days without washing.
- Easy to care for, machine washable and quick to dry (not in a dryer), so great for travel and holidays, especially when restricted by luggage limits.
TOP SKI PRODUCTS FOR MEN:
TOP SKI PRODUCTS FOR WOMEN: