Icebreaker Merino Wool Clothing
SUMMER SALE NOW ON! 30-50% OF Icebreaker!*
SHOP BY GENDER:
SHOP BY MEN'S:
SHOP BY WOMEN'S:
ICEBREAKER MERINO CLOTHING
"It's why I started Icebreaker - to offer a nature based alternative to synthetic outdoor clothing. Our challenge wasn't just how to make a natural product - it was how to build a natural company." - Jeremy Moon, Founder of Icebreaker
ABOUT THE BRAND
Icebreaker produce a fantastic range of merino wool clothing including underwear, merino wool base layers, thermals, merino wool socks, summer wear and performance merino active wear
Their layering system consists of underwear, base layers, mid layers and outer layers. All are designed to layer seamlessly without the bulk to create stylish, functional and warm outfits for Winter.
Their most popular ranges for Winter are the everyday range and the oasis range. The Oasis range is perfect for if you're looking for a technical base layer for outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing whereas the Everyday range is perfect for if the main function of your base layer is to keep you warm such as wearing as thermals.
In the Summer Icebreaker have a great range of T-shirts designed to be lightweight and breathable. They even have a Cool-Lite range which blends merino wool with eucalyptus tencel for an even cooler range of summer wear. In Summer their most popular item is the Tech Lite SS Crewe which combines merino wool with a touch of nylon for added durability.
Icebreaker use Merino Wool in all of their clothing which is 100% natural, ethically sourced, biodegradable and renewable.
Built to last:
All Icebreaker products are extremely high quality and designed to last and last, saving the planet from throw away fashion, and also saving you money in the long run. The clothing is also designed to be versatile, so you'll look great whether you're skiing, hiking, at work, or just chilling out on the weekend
Icebreaker's whole manufacturing process is transparent.
- Every step of their manufacturing process is transparent, whether it be the sheep stations in the South Island of New Zealand, the company who washes the merino wool in France, the company who spins the fibre in Germany or the company who dyes and sews the clothes in Shanghai, are all companies working with environmental and social responsibility in mind.
- Each company adhere to an in-depth environmental program, designed to minimise waste and pollution and reduce their carbon footprint. They have to adhere to practices involving water, energy, emissions, transport, dyes, waste and social ethics including fair pay and working conditions. The companies are regularly checked by Icebreaker and independent third parties.
- The factory in Shanghai even has their own water recyling plant where they recycle and purify the water they use in the dying process in order to reduce their impact on the environment.
- They are part of an environmental assurance program and comply with Oeko-Tex environmental standards for textiles manufacturing.
Icebreaker are committed to maintaining high animal welfare standards and all the farmers they work with provide their sheep with:
Environmentally Friendly Packaging
Icebreaker exclusively use environmentally friendly packaging for all their items, including biodegradable plastic bags and cardboard boxes suitable for recycling.
Merino Wool is an amazing natural fibre that is twice as fine as normal wool, is non itchy and super soft against the skin. Here are the main benefits of Merino Wool:
- Temperature regulating - Merino wool is a clever fabric that reacts to your body temperature keeping you cool when it's warm and warm when it's cold. As its 100% natural it also highly breathable.
- Moisture Resistant - Merino Wool wicks moisture away from the skin which is evaporated from the fabric surface meaning you'll be kept dry and comfortable the whole day
- Odor Resistant - The lanolin in merino wool prevents mildew and bacteria from building up on your clothing which means you'll be kept drier, cleaner and stink free!
- UV Resistant - Merino Wool has a UV factor of 30-50 UVP because the fibres absorb UV radiation adding a layer of protection against harmful rays.
- Comfortable - Merino wool is super soft against the skin, isn't itchy like traditional wool and is hypoallergenic meaning it's great for people with eczema and allergies.
- Long Lasting - Although merino wool clothing tends to be more expensive than synthetic clothing it will last a lot longer meaning you won't have to repurchase every few months. Merino wool fibres can bend over 20,000 times without breaking so won't lose shape or get holes.
Eucalyptus tencel (or lyocell) absorbs 50% more moisture than cotton, dries twice as fast as polyester and is around 70% cooler than merino wool. Its naturally high moisture content means that it wicks sweat away from the body and feels cooler than other fabrics in hot weather. It's also super soft against the skin, keeps wrinkle free and is biodegradable