All Egos slippers are 100% handmade in Nepal by the Danish company Én Gry & Sif which has worked with the production of felt products in Nepal since 2000.
The company is certified by the World Trade organization and as such as work is carried out under fair and orderly conditions and the workers are paid a decent wage for their work.
As well as creating jobs Egos also provides financial support to an orphanage in Nepal
- The slippers are designed in Denmark
- The raw wool from New Zealand sheep is dyed with eco friendly dyes
- The wool is carded.
- The carded wool is then shaped and soapy water is massaged into it causing the small fibers to link together
- The wet slippers are then dried in the sun
- The suede sole is sewn on